PGA Professional - Tyrifjord Golfklubb
Tyrifjord Golfklubb is renowned as one of the most beautiful golfing venues in Norway. Widely regarded as one of the best maintained, varied and challenging courses in the region, we have a reputation for hosting various tournaments for NGF as well being one of the most popular courses for visitors.
As we prepare for the 2020 season, we seek to appoint a PGA Professional with the vision, values, and drive to join our team to make our club the best golfing experience in the Greater Oslo area.
We are looking for a qualified PGA Professional ‘rainmaker’ to join our team who has the vision and ability to build and run the best golf instruction program in the Oslo area within our existing business model. Your role will be to motivate and coach our members and guests to be better golfers, and contribute to our culture of continuous improvement within the club.
If you can offer us dynamism and entrepreneurial flair, with a proven record in golf instruction, sales, then we would be keen to meet you.
Your areas of responsibility will include the following:
• Veien til Golf instruction
• Group and individual instruction
• Junior program
• Pro shop
• Member trips
• Golf schools
The role offers an exceptional opportunity to establish your own reputation and standing within the industry as you will be the focal point for all golfing activities at the club.
If you have all or some of these skills, we would like to meet you!
• Team player – you will be an integral part of, and working within, our small management team.
• Sales, you need to be able to sell yourself and sell the club.
• Social media, if you know how to get 1,000 Facebook followers you are way ahead of the curve.
• Communication skills in person and through digital means in both Norwegian and English.
• Continuous personal development and education.
• Management and leadership skills so you can run the instruction program effectively lean.
• You will have the ability to recognise opportunity when you see it and to be able to drive business.
• You will be familiar with Golfbox.
• Teaching, merchandising, club fitting, playing....oh....and everything else!
The APPLICANT INFORMATION PACK, job description and person specification can be found HERE together with details on how to apply for the role.
- The closing date for applications is 1 December 2019.
- First round interviews will be conducted 3-10 December 2019.
- Start date 1 April 2020 or earlier if possible.